Community

Stay on top of local community events and society happenings.

Old clinic building topic of discussion at county

Discussion at Monday’s Macoupin County Building and Grounds Committee meeting Monday centered around the old clinic building […]

Christ-Following 101

SLUG: Christ-Following 101   “I have told you these things, so that in me, you may have […]

Unemployment in area sees decrease

HEADLINE: Macoupin County unemployment rate unchanged in August, while area counties see decrease in unemployment   The […]

Budget hearing precedes school board meeting

State funding, or lack thereof,  is keeping the Carlinville School District Unit #1 operating funds at a […]

Public hearing Oct. 7 for mine expansion

A public hearing on the proposed expansion of Shay Mine will be held at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday, […]

SamJam to benefit Oswald

By Tom Emery Though his life has been plagued by limited mobility, persistent pain, and over a […]

Fundraiser to benefit accident victims

Members of Modesto Christian Church are planning two fundraisers to benefit Greg Anderson and Cammie Cox of […]

Trivia Night for Crime Stoppers Oct. 17

Macoupin and Montgomery Counties Crime Stoppers will host their second annual trivia night Saturday, Oct. 17, at […]

Chamber of Commerce dinner Oct. 15

The 61st annual Carlinville Chamber of Commerce dinner will be held Thursday, Oct. 15, at Woodson Banquet […]

Project bidder out, lake adhoc committee reports

Several projects have been bidded out for landowners at Carlinville Lake as part of the Phase II […]