Community

Stay on top of local community events and society happenings.

Days Gone By – August 22, 2013

1913 (100 Years Ago) It is quite probable that since the founding of Blackburn, the prospects for […]

Christ-Following 101 Vol. 8 – 35

I watch people. I remember my dad sitting in the mall near where we lived and just […]

Birth, Emmalyn Lorraine Killam

Danley Lorraine and Rodney Alexander Killam, of Carlinville, are proud to announce the birth of their daughter, […]

Early Carlinville Library directors

By Tom Emery The list of past directors of the Carlinville Public Library includes some of the […]

Days Gone By – August 15, 2013

1913 (100 Years Ago) A change was made in the management of the Virden Reporter last week […]

Christ-Following 101 Vol. 8-34

I don’t know about you, but I for one am glad that God does not change. Malachi […]

Café Noir delivers suspense, comedy

By Daniel Winningham Guns. Knife stabbing. Voodoo doll. All of those and more were on display at […]

Summer Rep to perform ‘Willy Wonka’

Open auditions for Summer Repertory’s production of “Willy Wonka” will be held Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013, in […]

St. Onge discusses directing debut

By Daniel Winningham Dan St. Onge, the director of Café Noir, spoke about his first experience as […]

Insect identification workshop announced

Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013, at the University of Illinois Extension office, Macoupin County, #60 Carlinville Plaza in […]